AGENDA FOR August 1, 2011 MEETING 7:00 – 8:30 PM Joslyn Park
All ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION. ITEMS NOT ON THE AGENDA SHOULD BE BROUGHT TO THE ATTENTION OF THE MEETING CHAIR 48 HOURS PRIOR TO THE MEETING.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION IN DISCUSSION IS WELCOME. ONLY DIRECTORS MAY VOTE ON ISSUES BEFORE OPA.
TO FACILITATE AN EFFICIENT AND RESPECTFUL DISCUSSION, PLEASE WAIT UNTIL CALLED UPON BY THE MEETING CHAIR BEFORE SPEAKING.
NOTICED BOARD MEMBER ABSENCES:
Nina Fresco, Susan Lewis, Ross Furakawa, Lori Nafshun
Dillon Tidwell of Tatum Real Estate, the developer of the proposed Walgreens at Lincoln and Pico will present the plans developed as a result of meetings with the community and city planning staff which will go before the Planning commission this fall.
7:00 to 8:30 PM REGULAR MONTHLY MEETING
1. Introduction to OPA (1 minute) Mary Marlow
2. Review and approval of July Meeting Minutes.
Action Item: Board to vote
3. Announcements (all)
4. Form a Nominating Committee for Board of Directors Election this fall. (Board)
Action Item: Volunteers form committee and canvas for candidates
5. Plans for Beach Clean Up with Heal the Bay, September Saturday ?. (Dana Ehrlich) Action Item: Email to membership asking for volunteers; contact Heal the Bay to co ordinate
6.Developments of Interest coming before Planning Commission and City Council (Mary Marlow)
7. Treasurer’s Report
8. Parade Update (Lori Nafshun )
9. Ocean Park Blvd. “Green Street” Update (Bob Taylor)
10. Long Term Meeting Agenda Items for remainder of year (all)
Meeting Close, Next Meeting: September 12 at Joslyn Park 6:30 – 8:30 PM