AGENDA FOR February 6, 2011 BOARD MEETING
7:00 – 9:00 PM Joslyn Park Community Room
All ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION. ITEMS NOT ON THE AGENDA SHOULD BE BROUGHT TO THE ATTENTION OF THE MEETING CHAIR 48 HOURS PRIOR TO THE MEETING.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION IN DISCUSSION IS WELCOME. ONLY DIRECTORS MAY VOTE ON ISSUES BEFORE OPA.
TO FACILITATE AN EFFICIENT AND RESPECTFUL DISCUSSION, PLEASE WAIT UNTIL CALLED UPON BY THE MEETING CHAIR BEFORE SPEAKING.
NOTICED BOARD MEMBER ABSENCES: None
7:00 to 9:00 PM REGULAR MONTHLY MEETING
- Introduction to OPA (Ludwinski - 1 min)
Emergency Preparedness Fair (Winograd, 45 min)
- Representatives of the SM Fire Department (Captain Jason Wells) and SM Office of Emergency Management (Paul Weinberg) will give short overviews of their respective organizations
- American Red Cross will be present to sell emergency kits, should you want to stock your household
- Help OPA Organize Ocean Park for Emergency Preparedness
- Volunteer to be a block captain or to participate on a search and rescue team.
· If you can't attend our next meeting, but would like to work with OPA on preparedness
· Please contact Marcy at: Marcyteach@gmail.com or call 310-795-2322.
- Presentation about the Proposed Arboretum Santa Monica (15 min)
Dryden Helgoe, Former Recreation and Parks Commissioner
Richard McKinnon, Planning Commissioner
The concept is already endorsed by the Urban Forest Task Force and the Recreation and Parks Commission. For more information see:
- Actions taken since last Board meetings
- Approval of minutes from January Board meeting; see:
- Treasurer's report (Godon-Tann, 5 min)
- Proposed committee reports (and updated budget requests) (Chairs, 50 min)
- Communications, including newsletter status (Lewis, 5 min)
- Membership (Huq, 15 min)
Will discuss results from recent committee meeting and proposal to raise dues
- City Plan (Marlow, 5 min)
- Special Events (Nafshun, 5 min)
- Outreach (Jarow, 5 min)
- Airport (Perrone, 5 min)
- OP Blvd (Taylor, 5 min)
- Lincoln Blvd (Swanson, 5 min)
- Disaster Preparedness (Winograd)
9. Future agenda items