Agenda for Joslyn Park Auditorium
October 12, 2008
Time: 4:00 to 5:15 PM
ALL ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION. ITEMS NOT ON THE AGENDA SHOULD BE BROUGHT TO THE ATTENTION OF THE MEETING CHAIR 48 HOURS PRIOR TO THE MEETING.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION IN DISCUSSIONS IS WELCOME. ONLY DIRECTORS MAY VOTE ON ISSUES BEFORE OPA.
TO FACILITATE AN EFFICIENT AND RESPECTFUL DISCUSSION, PLEASE WAIT UNTIL CALLED UPON BY THE MEETING CHAIR BEFORESPEAKING.
NOTICED BOARD MEMBER ABSENCES:
4:00 to 4:30 PM SPECIAL PRESENTATION BY SM HUMAN RELATIONS COUNCIL
Rev. Janet McKeithen will describe recent activities of the SM Human Relations Council Dialogue Committee.
4:30 to 5:00 PM SPECIAL PRESENTATION BY SM HUMAN RELATIONS COUNCIL
Callie Hurd of the City's Community and Cultural Services Department will present an update on the operational planning for the new Annenberg
Community Beach House at 415 PCH. There will be an opportunity to provide feedback to City staff.
5:00 to 5:15 PM REGULAR MONTHLY MEETING
1. Introduction to OPA (1 minute)
2. New Items for Board Attention
• This is an opportunity for anyone to bring up issues not on the agenda that can be discussed at a future meeting.
3. Brief Announcements (One minute or less, without discussion)
• OPA is sponsoring a Candidate’s Forum with the SM Daily Press at the Main Library, MLK Auditorium, on 10/22 at 6 PM. This is an opportunity for residents to pose questions to candidates for City Council, SMMUSD Board of Education and SMC Board.
• Annual meeting will take place at Lula’s on
4. Review and Approval of May Meeting Minutes
• See OPA web site for draft minutes
• Correct spelling of Ludwinksi to Ludwinski (one place)
5. Review of Board and Executive Committee Decisions Taken Since Last Meeting
6. OPA Administration: Committee and Task Force Reports
• Events (Chair: Nafshun / Members: Hubbell, Bohannon, Marlow, Jarow, Lewis, Ehrlich)
Motion to “Approve allocation of up to $1300 for the annual meeting/holiday party. Funds to be used for food and refreshments and for invitations.”
• Sunday, November 9th, 4 PM, Joslyn Park
• Sunday, Dec 6th, Annual Membership meeting, Lula’s on Main