OPA Board Monthly Meeting Minutes
11 March 2007
Meeting called to order @ 3:16 by Joel B.
Refreshments by Kay
1) Introduction to OPA
Joe Stitcher of Big Blue Bus spoke about shuttle bus plan. For more info go to:
or call: (310) 451-5444
2) New items
• Rene M. – Would like to see Appian Way opened up again for exit from PCH
3) Brief Announcements
4) Prior Meeting Minutes
February Board meeting minutes were approved unanimously
5) Board Actions Since Last Regular Board Meeting
Email was sent to City Council encouraging consideration of campaign finance reform letter
6) Information Items
7) Actions from previous meetings
Membership report – Motion to include names, amount paid and other membership information in the quarterly membership report. Passed unanimously.
9) City grant
Submitted. Approval expected
13) Moved item 13 up (Erin O'Connor). Request for landmark status of 2219 Ocean Avenue. Motion to recommend denial of the appeal against landmarking passed 6-1-2.
ACTION: Jake S. to write the letter to City Council
10) Committee reports
OP Blvd: Continued discussions with city staff re: improvement and beautification of OP Blvd.
ACTION: Mary H. will put petition online
Main Street: Attended Main Street Merchants Assoc. Jake will raise the parade issue next meeting.
Lincoln Blvd: No report
Disaster Preparedness: No report
General Plan: No report
11) Horizon's West Status
Jake Samuel reported. Seems to be a groundswell of support for landmarking.
12) Proposed letter from OPA to BigBlueBus (BBB) regarding shuttle service
ACTION: Motion for Mary H. to incorporate following changes in her draft letter and send to to BBB:
• Service Main Street Southbound
• Consider counter-rotating buses along the route
• Add discount student fares
Adjourned @ 5:50