AGENDA FOR MARCH 14, 2010 MEETING
4:00 – 6:00 PM Joslyn Park Auditorium
All ITEMS ARE FOR DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION. ITEMS NOT ON THE AGENDA SHOULD BE BROUGHT TO THE ATTENTION OF THE MEETING CHAIR 48 HOURS PRIOR TO THE MEETING.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION IN DISCUSSION IS WELCOME. ONLY DIRECTORS MAY VOTE ON ISSUES BEFORE OPA.
TO FACILITATE AN EFFICIENT AND RESPECTFUL DISCUSSION, PLEASE WAIT UNTIL CALLED UPON BY THE MEETING CHAIR BEFORE SPEAKING.
NOTICED BOARD MEMBER ABSENCES:
3:00 to 4:00 PM REGULAR MONTHLY ADMINISTRATIVE MEETING
1. Introduction to OPA (Marlow - 1 minute)
3. Nomination and election of Community Outreach Chair (Board – 4 minutes)
4. Membership committee progress report (Bohannon – 4 minutes)
5. Review and approval of February 1 Meeting Minutes (Marlow - 2 minutes)
6. Web site Committee report (Furukowa – 4 minutes)
7. Ocean Park Blvd. Committee report (Taylor – 4 minutes)
8. Spring Newsletter schedule and assignments (Lewis – 4 minutes)
Action: Volunteer for assignments and commit to schedule
9. Reading and approval of letter to Big Blue Bus and City Council protesting proposed change of the Tide shuttle from public service to “on demand” hotel service. (Marlow 3 minutes) Action: vote
10. Discussion of Sponsorship of Pony League. (Jarow 2 minutes) Action: vote
11. Future agenda items
4:00 to 6:00 PM GUEST SPEAKERS
Introduction of Kate Vernez, Assistant City Manager, who will speak about the LA Marathon running through Santa Monica and its affect on Ocean Park (20 minutes)
Introduction of Teri Plummer, Marketing Manager of Big Blue Bus, who will speak about planned Bus shelter redesign and BBB branding. (20 minutes)
Introduction of Joel Brand and Ted Winterer, concerned parents, who will speak in support of the Proposed School Parcel Tax. (10 minutes)
Introduction of Bob Reidy, US Census Partnership Assistant, who will speak about the importance of the 2010 census to Santa Monica getting a fair share of government funds and representation. (10 minutes)
Meeting Close, Next Meeting, Monday, April 5, 2010 6:30 – 8:30 PM Joslyn Park