AGENDA FOR January 10, 2011 MEETING
6:30 – 8:30 PM Joslyn Park
All ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION. ITEMS NOT ON THE AGENDA SHOULD BE BROUGHT TO THE ATTENTION OF THE MEETING CHAIR 48 HOURS PRIOR TO THE MEETING.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION IN DISCUSSION IS WELCOME. ONLY DIRECTORS MAY VOTE ON ISSUES BEFORE OPA.
TO FACILITATE AN EFFICIENT AND RESPECTFUL DISCUSSION, PLEASE WAIT UNTIL CALLED UPON BY THE MEETING CHAIR BEFORE SPEAKING.
NOTICED BOARD MEMBER ABSENCES: Dana Erhlich, Ross Furukawa
Presentation by Gina Garcia on Sustainable Works and Green Living Workshops (10 min.)
Presentation by Susan Arnett and Karen Reitz on temporary closure of Ocean Park Library Branch for Improvements (10 min.)
Presentation by Dale Brantly, architect, to review and discuss the expansion of restaurant facilities for Big Dean's Cafe on Ocean Front Walk, directly east of the SM Pier. (10 min.)
6:30 to 8:00 PM REGULAR MONTHLY MEETING
1. Introduction to OPA (Marlow - 1 minute)
3. Review and approval of Nov. 8, 2010 Meeting Minutes (Marlow - 2 minutes)
4. Election of 2011 OPA Board Officers (30 min.)
5. Form subcommittee to develop Ocean Park resident survey (Board 5 min.)
6. Possible approval of annual SuperBowl-a-thon team and $150 donation to Westside Shelter and Hunger Coalition (Jarow 5 min)
7. The Board will be considering the following resolution for approval: (Ludwinski 10 min.)
The Ocean Park Association calls on Santa Monica College to develop stronger conflict-of-interest training for its staff to prevent a professor from using his/her students to support one political campaign over another under the guise of learning. It is remarkable that the school administration does not have a stronger policy, and even if Professor Richard Tahvildaran-Jesswein, the Co-Chair of SMRR intended well, he displayed a clear appearance of impropriety by assigning his students to stump for SMRR during the campaign for the November 2, 2010 election.
8. SMO Airport updates (Perrone 5 min.)
9. Ocean Park Blvd. “Green Street” progress updates (Taylor 5 min.)
10. Discussion of permanent meeting date change (Board 10 min.)
10. January Newsletter/City Mailer (Lewis 10 minutes)
11. Future agenda items
Meeting Close, Next Meeting, Feb. 7, 2011 Joslyn Park 6:30 – 8:30 PM